What Human Pattern Is Holding You Back? By Ann Marie Lawrence
People have so many patterns they follow which hold them back from succeeding! I am not here to call you out on your “bad” patterns, but I am here to help you identify them so we can acknowledge and move forward.
Which of these patterns is holding you back?
- Putting others first and yourself last. When you do this, you lack the ability to give to others around your full potential! If your cup is empty, you can’t fill anyone else’s.
- Controlling others. Focusing everything on other people and trying to perfect them before you have even started working on yourself. Note: Don’t be a hypocrite.
- Assuming the worst. The reoccurrence of negative thoughts brings consistent anxiety in your life leaving you unable to grow.
- Playing small. You’re not living up to your true potential!
- Perfectionism. The socially acceptable form of procrastination that we regard as high standards. Note: TAKE ACTION! Making imperfect progress is better than doing nothing at all with the obsession of "perfection" holding you back.
- Doubting your higher wisdom, heart, or your intuition. Our intuition knows best, although our primal mind thinks it's unsafe. When you aren’t taking risks, you kill your soul! Take uncertain action everyday! Do something that scares you everyday.
- Addiction. Anything that is negatively taking time away from your purpose. Addiction and obsession are two very different things. Know the difference! This is distracting you from your true potential.
- Procrastination: not taking the actions you know you need to because you’re SCARED. Scared of either failure OR success.
- Toxicity. Holding on to anything that doesn’t serve you!
- Need for approval or acceptance from your peers and family; most likely fear of isolation.
Identify your old “bad" patterns and begin to make a shift! YOU are responsible for your results in life.
Stay connected with Ann Marie Lawrence on IG at @annmarielawrence
Want to be featured as an "Everyday ICON?" Submit your stories to email@example.com or send us a DM on IG or Facebook!