Recipe: Brisket Baked Sweet Potato
The 4th of July around these parts means brisket. Combine Texas’s favorite cut of meat with a baked sweet potato and you’ve got a dangerously delicious and easy meal. Make it even easier by having us ship the brisket and seasoning directly to your door.
Prep time: 45 minutes (mostly baking the sweet potato)
- Large sweet potato
- 1 lb brisket
- ¼ cup ICON Tennessee Whiskey Flavor
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (fresh if possible)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (more to taste)
- ¼ cup green onions (more to taste)
- Wash and dry all fresh produce.
- Drizzle olive oil on sweet potato, wrap tightly in aluminum foil and bake in oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees until tender.
- In a large saucepan combine brisket, water, tomatoes, and ICON Tennessee Whiskey Flavor. Mix until thoroughly combined. Cook on high until simmering, then drop to medium low heat for 15 minutes.
- When the sweet potato is done baking, remove from foil and place on serving plate. Cut one deep slice lengthwise and slightly squeeze ends to create a hollow “canoe.”
- Fill sweet potato canoe with brisket mixture. Top with cheddar cheese and green onions.